Visas for Executives
Non-Immigrant Visa for Intra-Company Transfers of Executives (L-1 Visa):
Employees of an international company who are being temporarily relocated to a parent branch, affiliate, or subsidiary of the same company in the United States require intra- - company transfer (L-1) visas. The international company may be either a U.S. or foreign organization. The employment must be approved by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the United States on the basis of a petition, Form I-129L, filed by the United States employer.

To qualify for an L-1 visa, the employee must be at the managerial or executive level (L-1A), or have specialized knowledge (L-1B) and be employed in a position at either of These levels. Additions In, the employee must not have been employed outside the U.S. with the firm continuously for one year Within the three years before the application for an L visa.

Immediate Family Members of L Visa Holders (L-2 visa):
Spouses and / or children under the age of 21 require derivative L-2 visas. Spouses and Children of L visa holders may study in private or public schools. Spouses may seek work in the United States after receiving employment authorization on derivative L-2 visas. principal L-1 The applicant must evidence the ability to support the family financially.


Print | Sitemap
© Nogueira Morton